Monday 13 July 2015

Cut and run

Towards the end of every season (nowhere near yet, only half way through) members of staff start suggesting improvements which could be made over the winter months.
And so it was that in January I bought a small, red meat slicer which was put into use on the first day of the season.
We cook our own ham at the tearooms. We cook it, so we have to slice it. We use it for sandwiches, panini and ham salads. That's a fair amount of sliced ham.
A couple of weeks ago this slicer stopped slicing. The sharp blade refused to turn. It became an ex-ham slicer. The company I'd bought it from replaced it without question and told me to throw the first one away.
The second one lasted less than a week before it too gave up, went on strike and refused to return to work.
We're now on our third in as many weeks.
Thus far it is behaving itself but I just can't bring myself to throw away two machines when someone, somewhere might know how to fix them. Even if one of them did its utmost to slice off part of my finger. So they're both sitting in a box in a corner of the kitchen.
I live in hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment