Friday 14 August 2015

Lost and Found

An email yesterday: 
My wife and I visited Witley Court on Monday and had a delicious, relaxing lunch in your gardens. When I got home I found I'd lost my faithful old flat cap, and wondered if I might have dropped it where we were sat opposite your main entrance. Have you had anything like this handed in?
We had indeed. How fabulous to be able to reunite a "faithful old flat cap" with its yearning owner via the Royal Mail. I only hope it's the right hat...

Then today we found a handbag, left open on one of our tables. Inside a phone, a Filofax, money, lipstick, tissues. We waited. Surely someone would come back. We waited. No one arrived to claim it.
So we began the Sherlock Holmes procedures. The phone was locked. We checked her Filofax for an address. We found that she is taking her dog to be groomed tomorrow. We rang the groomers. They had an address but no home number.
We went round the houses for a while and then struck gold.
I have left her a message on her home phone.
The dog groomers may also tell her where she left her bag....

No comments:

Post a Comment