Saturday 3 October 2015

October Octogenarians

This week has been busy. 
We've had that Indian Summer that we'd all wished for. Chilly autumnal mornings have given way to bright, sunny, 20 degree lunchtimes & afternoons. 
The customers too have been sunny and warm. Lots of two-couple parties out for the day, mums and daughters, ladies for coffee and one group of ten ladies for High Tea in the garden.

I wouldn't have managed this week without two people who are proper role models:
Eileen (81) washes up, clears tables, takes out trays and this week has had puppy entertainment added to her list of jobs.
My dad (81 next month) drives a round trip of well over an hour to wash up for me. 
He also looks after all the conservatory plants. 
This week he was paid in cups of coffee and seeds from the monkey puzzle tree which he's challenged himself to grow.
If I get to 80 I would like their work ethic, their cheerfulness and their energy.
In fact, I'd like those things now, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment