Monday 18 September 2017

Sombre

Changing gear from a busy summer into a quieter autumn is quite tricky. I am still expecting hundreds of people to turn up so I haven't yet changed my milk, cream and eggs order. Of course this means we have way too much. 
I can't get the bread order right either.
Some things are easier to forecast. Ice cream sales are down, hot chocolate sales are up. Pretty obvious really.
My mind is also focused on other things which doesn't help: a memorial service later this week for a friend who died way too young; the departure of my older son to university yesterday;  the twentieth anniversary tomorrow of the Southall rail crash.  I shall be meeting up later this week with two friends who were with me on that train. We shall drink a toast or two, remember the day and think about how it changed us. 
Getting milk and bread orders wrong isn't the end of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment