Thursday 14 July 2011

72 teas

Yesterday we were set to host a high tea for 34 visiting exchange students from China at 3.30. We laid out all the mismatched cups and saucers and tea plates and were awaiting their arrival so that we could cut all the crustless sandwiches when we became VERY busy in the main tea room. Two teas, two teacakes, four teas, afternoon tea for 2, scones, cake, two teas etc etc. It dawned on me that this was no ordinary tea time rush. It turned out to be coach party of 38 who hadn't mentioned they were coming. As the orders stacked up and the Chinese arrrived I NEARLY took my pinny off. I NEARLY cried. Instead I phoned Sara and said "help". She arrived within minutes. A friend indeed. My son arrived back from school and was also thrown into clearing tables, folding napkins and everything else. Two more heroes for my file.

No comments:

Post a Comment