Wednesday 28 September 2011

QI

Two questions which have stumped me recently.
Both from customers.
1. "Is there any fruit in the Apple Cake?"
2. "Is your cheese vegetarian?"
Turns out some cheeses aren't. Use of rennet in the process apparently.
So I've checked and our cheese is indeed vegetarian.
And yes, there's fruit in the apple cake (he meant sultanas).


Very busy today. Back to high summer. 24 degrees and almost everyone sitting outside. I had to call in two extra people when it became clear the rush was going to last way beyond a normal lunchtime.
We're supposed to close during the week from Monday but if this weather is going to continue I might just cook another ham* and keep my fingers crossed...


*not vegetarian

1 comment:

  1. Gill, I repeat, I wish we lived nearer to the tea rooms! Thank you for providing so many chuckles and thoughtful moments. This blog is a gem. Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete