Wednesday 29 February 2012

Three weeks...and counting

We reopen on March 23rd and it's all heating up. I've had a sudden rush of enquiries about bookings for coach parties, baptism gatherings, wedding anniversary celebrations etc. All good.
The newly printed leaflets hit the racks this week.
I've bought more wooden outside furniture.
I've arranged for the gorgeous Apple Cake to make a reappearance this season (courtesy of Angela) but there's still no sign of a replacement fruit cake. I am planning to beg Anna to reconsider - the furniture salesman found out this morning that I'm not averse to a bit of begging.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, so pleased that it will soon be back to regular smiles from you Gill - have missed your anecdotes over the winter. Just HOW far did it get with that salesman??? Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Email begging for a discount - it's easier than face-to-face. And it worked. A bit. G

      Delete