Monday 12 January 2015

Present and correct.

Yesterday I set out on a new path.
I have been thinking for a while that we should stock gift items at the tea rooms. Not souvenirs, but pretty tea towels, scented candles, boxed soaps - that sort of thing.
For when you're sitting having a cuppa with a friend, realise that it's your sister's birthday tomorrow and the options are a) leave the lovely surroundings and your cup of tea and your friend to drive into town to trawl the shops for a present or b) buy a perfectly lovely thing right here and pick up a card while you're at it.
Yesterday I went to the Top Drawer show at Olympia with a friend who fortunately knows about such things. Whilst my husband is keen to help, his knowledge ("noone buys those diffuser things, do they?") could be improved.
Now I'm sitting at the kitchen table (with a cup of tea) surrounded by brochures, catalogues, leaflets and price lists trying to make decisions.
I am enjoying myself thoroughly.

No comments:

Post a Comment