Thursday 2 June 2016

Bread and Wine

A fantastic Bank Holiday weekend.
I would even go so far as to say I enjoyed it.
Which doesn't always happen.
It was busy, really busy. There was a Victorian weekend going on at the Court and the good weather brought hundreds and hundreds of visitors.
We ran out of panini by the end of Sunday lunchtime but this was deliberate. Honest. On busy days panini-cooking can hold everything up so it was good to start Monday without them on the menu.
It also meant the panini presses didn't have to be on and were not adding heat to an already hot kitchen.
It also meant that we ran out of sandwich bread when families switched from panini to sandwiches. I became chief bloomer-bread slicer.
So, note to self:
a) don't bother with panini for the August Bank Hol (unless it's pouring with rain)
and
b) order plenty of bread.
and
c) make a mountain of scones
and
d) order plenty of cream.

I have a day off tomorrow. I am going to meet my oldest friend at the Hay Festival, part of the We Are Fifty celebrations so I imagine a drink or two may be taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment