Tuesday 7 February 2017

Little things

Less than 8 weeks until we reopen. I am thoroughly enjoying my time off but adding every day to the to-do list. I have to buy a new large fridge and sort out the hand-driers in the loos (which are rubbish). I'm putting together a small Children's Menu and taking bookings for group visits and baby showers.


I used to love going to the supermarket; now it's a bit of a chore but my brief visit today was made better by a quick-witted lady at the check-out.
It was Sainsburys. About 3.30. The local schools had just ended their day.
As I paid for my shopping the lady asked me if I wanted any "Active Kids" vouchers?
"No thanks," I said, then added, "Give them to the.." I was about to say she should give them to the next person who was collecting them but she finished my sentence for me...
"active kids?" she said, gesturing to the primary school pupils who were running up and down the aisles.
She rolled her eyes.
I laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment