Tuesday 14 November 2017

Busman's holiday

One of the joys of my job is that a piece of cake in another establishment can be deemed to be work.
Yesterday I found myself in Knaresborough, which is a four hour train journey away.
I had been lured by a friend with the promise of a lovely tearoom which is open all year round. She thought it would be useful to see it and I could pick their brains....
It's called Marigold, family run, right on the river near the gorgeous railway bridge, warm and friendly and right up my street.

I talked at length to owner Jo about the good things and the trickier things which go hand in hand with serving tea for a living. It was marvellous therapy. And with a cream-filled scone and a hot chocolate alongside the counselling session I came away very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment