Monday 8 January 2018

All washed up?

On Wednesday 12th April 2017 we took delivery of our not-inexpensive new dishwasher, just ahead of the Easter weekend.
Since then it hasn’t covered itself in glory. It takes longer to heat up than our other one, takes longer to wash stuff than the other one. The only thing it does more quickly is drain. As if it’s anxious to get on with whatever it does in its spare time.
As the youngest sibling myself I am wary of comparisons. I have avoided them until now, anxious to cut the younger model a bit of slack.
My hand has been forced.
Last week it stopped working. Completely refused to wash OR drain.
I’ve just filled out the relevant warranty form to request a repair person.
Meanwhile the older machine keeps plodding on. It never asks for anything (except rinse aid, detergent, water and electricity). It never complains. It just gets on with the job in hand.
I feel I should sing its praises, quickly, before it decides it’s had enough and demands the same attention as the other one.

No comments:

Post a Comment