Monday 22 January 2018

Cold crossed fingers

I woke yesterday to snow and a question from Annie via text: did I really want her to open?
I hate those kind of decisions so I rang her. 
In the back of my mind was a phone call I’d taken from a lady the afternoon before. Would we be open on Sunday? She was part of a walking group and just wanted to check. She doubted the walk would go ahead as such heavy rain was forecast. We didn’t know about the snow at that stage so I told her we’d be open. 
Annie suggested that we wait to see whether the Court opened and then change the answer message on the phone, in case the walker-lady rang again. The Court was closed. The warden also decided not to open the church. So we followed suit.
I really, really hope the walkers didn’t venture out. 




No comments:

Post a Comment