Saturday 19 May 2018

A good marriage

Yesterday I made Lemon and Elderflower Drizzle cake.
I had made an elderflower cake last year, using a single lemon.
It was fine but not great. The elderflower was barely there and there wasn’t enough lemon.
So I tried again, raised the number of lemons, added homemade elderflower cordial into the mix and then once it was cooked I skewered a few holes and dripped more cordial into the cake before adding the drizzle topping.
Much better.
A real relief.
I rang Emma (21) who was due into work in an hour. I had forgotten to make a sign for it. Could she knock something up, please?
This is what she arrived with:
 

Such a talent.
The sign did its job and this morning I’m going in to bake more.
I doubt Harry and Meghan’s cake looks like mine, which is an unadorned traybake, but it’s certainly a good combination now I’ve sorted the balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment