Tuesday 8 May 2018

Flash, bang, wallop.

“Are you the lady on the radio?” he said.
He was part of a pensioner group from Evesham.
Forty cream teas in the conservatory.
Most of them liked LOTS of cream.
I presumed he was talking about my lemon drizzle chat on local BBC last week so I nodded a “that’s me.”
He picked up a camera from the table in front of him and took my photograph.
An hour later, as they were leaving, he asked me if I minded that he’d taken the photo; said he should have asked; said he’d send me a copy.
He told me that once he was walking in a street and John Bercow was coming towards him. He stuck out his hand and said, “Hello John, mind if I take a photograph of you with my wife?”. Mr Bercow didn’t mind.
Then another time he met Jane Garvey and asked her if he could take her photo.
She told him he could, for a fiver.
“But then she didn’t charge me,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment