Monday 25 September 2023

Bin there. Done that.

Today Anne came to rearrange the contents of the lockable display cabinets from which we sell local crafts. 

We couldn’t find the key. We searched. And searched. Took everything off the shelf where it normally lives. Nothing. I searched through the bin which sits pretty much underneath the shelf. A bin full of coffee grounds and used tea bags, cheesy baking parchment and cake crumbs. 

Nothing.

I called a locksmith who said he could open them up but probably didn’t have the right sort of lock to replace them.

I put on some gloves and went to the big bins full of rubbish gathered since last Thursday. Took a deep breath and started my search. This tale has a happy ending. But it’ll take me a while to get over the experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment