Tuesday 3 August 2010

Clever as Clever.

Taking little kids out for lunch can be tricky. There's usually one who's a bit, well, fussy. But that's ok. I hated bananas as a child and I still don't eat cheese unless it's cooked so I'm on their side. Mostly.
One mum sidled up to the counter and whispered. Could we do a jam sandwich? No butter? White bread? "No problem, " I beamed,"For the little girl?"
"He's a boy" she said.
A 6 year old boy with VERY long hair.
When everyone else was ordering he (not having heard the jam sandwich thing) asked for beans on toast. With no butter.
He ate only the pieces of the toast which had been soaked by the beans.
His mum and granny came back to order cake, and talked about his eating habits. He loves bananas and, bizarrely, chilli. The latter since his brother put a little on his plate recently. Today Granny offered him a little of her salad as he ate. This 6 year old's answer?
"I'm not ready for lettuce yet."

No comments:

Post a Comment