Tuesday 31 August 2010

I want to be alone

"At our church we're known as the ladies on sticks," they said, "and Gordon."
Gordon also used a stick and swayed back and forth in the chair to get up the momentum to propel himself upright. One of the nice ladies on sticks asked if she could smoke and was very pleasant when I said I'd prefer it if she didn't.
Not as busy a day as I'd expected though the scones were again a favourite. A sprinkling of teachers making the most of their last couple of days of freedom, one of whom said she couldn't wait to go back to school. Her own kids were driving her mad.
I called Anna to order more of her amazing fruit cake. Her 7 year old son answered the 'phone. Could I speak to Mummy? "No, sorry," he said, "Mummy's having some private time."
What does that mean, I wonder?

No comments:

Post a Comment