Saturday 2 April 2011

Already in a pickle

Made the first Americano (and second) and it was like we'd never been away.
Our first customers waited in the car until the church clock chimed 11 and then headed in, the first of a steady stream of dream customers. Dream customers because between them all they managed to order everything on the menu.
Including the **all new** Ploughman's Lunch.
I asked the gentleman guinea pig for feedback and he took his role very seriously using lovely descriptive words as if he were writing a foodie column - just the right bloke. And, what's more, he loved it.
My follow up question concerned pickle/chutney. Was he disappointed, I asked, to find we'd served Branston with it? (I'm considering finding a local chutney)
"I'd have been disappointed," he replied, "to find anything else. I love Branston."
So that's made me think.
The fella who made it also reckons Branston is best.
So am I being a pickle snob?

No comments:

Post a Comment