Thursday 31 March 2011

Say Cheese

Spoke too soon.
The big shop alone took the whole morning, then back to furniture moving and food prep, and then I went to pick up the new signs and then realised I hadn't ordered my local tomatoes or made it to the farm shop to pick up the celery, eggs and apples.
What exactly did I buy this morning? Well, I can say with confidence that I won't be needing to buy pedal bin liners until 2014.
This evening we took delivery of two and a half kilos of cloth-bound extra mature cheddar for our all-new Ploughman's Lunch. It's SO local it was delivered by the man who made it on his way home. Lightwood Elgar Mature Artisan Cheese.
Now that's more like it.

2 comments:

  1. Only sorry you didn't choose Little Urn http://www.lightwoodcheese.co.uk/cheese.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cheesemaker made the cheese on his way home? Now that's what I call clever, it's amazing what people can do these days - and a man you say? - Now that's unbelievable!!!!

    ReplyDelete