Friday 25 March 2011

DejaVu

Nice Emma rang today from a till roll company to ask if I needed...erm...till rolls. I didn't need any immediately, I said. She said she'd get someone to call me with a quote because they have a special offer on at the moment. Five minutes later a second not-so-nice woman called.
"You want a quote for till rolls" she said, gruffly, "£21 (something) for 40".
And the postage, I asked? (I've learnt my lesson - please see 17th June 2010 entry)
"£3.50." she said. "That's the best I can do."

Now here's the more interesting part.
I asked: "Can I have a 'phone number to call when I've thought it over?"
She said, and here please adopt your most sarcastic tone:
"You need to think about the till rolls?", and she put the phone down, while saying to someone stage left: "well, that was an easy one"

I called another company with a similar name and spoke to nice Richard. He said they're always hearing stories of rudeness about the other side. They also quoted almost half the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment