Wednesday 30 March 2011

Crumbs

The carpets have been cleansed today by Andy Wall of Wall to Wall Cleaning. All sense of last season's boots, shoes and flipflops has been erased, sucked up, washed away. It looks (almost) like new.
There are still a number of jobs to be done but the biggies are sorted so I don't feel too traumatised. There's some furniture which needs moving and some food prep to do tomorrow and then on Friday morning we'll open. Ta-da.
Earlier this week one of my friends told me about a café which is closing down. It was displaying signs saying that everything must go. I went along feeling a little like a vulture. I needn't have worried. Everything had gone.
I had a good chat with the lady running the place. They'd been outbid for the franchise so were reluctantly leaving, though secretly grateful to be getting their weekends back.
Said she'd have time to come and have a cup of tea at my tea rooms now...

No comments:

Post a Comment