Friday 18 March 2011

Two weeks and counting

I've been enjoying the sunshine today. Naturally this involves me worrying that we should be open already and serving cake in the garden but there's still a small mountain to climb before that day dawns IN TWO WEEKS.
I have made some progress.
The new signs are on order. The sign makers have had trouble matching my lovely sage green colour. It's rather more apple. Granny Smith if I'm honest, but as people flash through the 30 zone they may not be tutting over whether the sign matches my aprons, they may have more important concerns. Like Japan. Or Libya. Or oh-no-there's-a-mobile-speed-camera.
I've bought a new filter coffee machine to sit alongside the current one which always works very hard but finds it difficult to keep up with coach parties.
I've taken four coach party bookings in the past week.
I've made some menu decisions.
I've booked the carpet cleaner.
I've arranged for the refuse collection to start up again.
I've had all my electrics tested and a good old chinwag with the electrician about West Bromwich Albion. He's not hopeful. About the Albion that is.
I've bought some very lovely wooden outdoor furniture from Leamington Spa and another car load of "vintage" bone china plates.
And one teapot.
Writing it all down makes me feel heaps better.
Until I look at what I haven't done yet.....

No comments:

Post a Comment