Tuesday 1 March 2011

31 Days

We are now a month from re-opening so my finger has to be pulled out. My to-do list reads as follows:
- Clean tearooms from top to bottom.
- Source two new garden benches (two died last season after a long, hard life).
- Order signs and stop faffing about. Decide where they'll go. Put them there.
- Decide new menu which won't be hugely different from the old menu but will see at least one item dumped - the paté ploughmans. I'm not its biggest fan.
- Wade through all the letters from suppliers telling me that, with regret, their prices will have to rise. Work out the implications of their news.
- Make lots of dinners to stock my own family's freezer (I predict this will not happen)

The new website is almost ready. It'll be at www.witleytearooms.co.uk when it's finally born and these thoughts will appear as a page which we've called Ramble. Seems to sum it up.

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant. Spring must really be here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me it aint so!

    No more Paté ploughmans, extra bread and pickle?

    It may not seem like long before re-opening but it seems an age since you closed for winter.

    I'll soon be able to eat again when working at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But you'll LOVE the new cheese (I hope). And we'll still be serving those americanos. With milk.

    ReplyDelete