Thursday 27 October 2011

A far, far better thing

Monday was our annual day trip to France (involves three days away - don't ask) and this year was one of the very best of the past nine. We've created this tradition with mates and it means we have enough wine to last til - ooh, next weekend.
The tea rooms were busy on Monday but fairly calm on Tuesday so I had no idea what to expect from yesterday. I'd advertised locally that we were hosting a jewellery and accessories sale, and I'd sent a few emails. Fi from Elements brought her autumn collection of jewellery and bags and my mate Clare brought her knitting. She sat in the corner like Mme Defarge and turned out short frilly scarves which sold like hot cakes. Fortunately so did the cooler cakes, and the soup, and the panini. And the jewellery as always.
Today it's pouring down from a gloomy sky.
I was told when I started out in business all that time ago (20 months) that one should always have a contingency plan for when the worst weather happened.
So I went to the pub for lunch with Mme Defarge and our families.

No comments:

Post a Comment