Wednesday 25 April 2012

Drizzly when wet

So we knew it would be quiet. The forecasters had made the UK look like a glass filling up with water. It rained. Boy did it rain. So I made lots of Lemon Drizzle cake, which made me very happy. Eleven people braved the weather. Eleven whole people. Eleven people more than I thought we'd see. The first two were from Oklahoma: "what are we gonna do? stay in the hotel? We're only here for two weeks." They told me about the addictive qualities of caffeine. There were two en route from London home to Liverpool. He asked if we had anything low carb. Erm no. And then had a scone with jam and cream. Two more en route from Herefordshire home to London. They had a full lunch. Thank goodness. Two men came in twice (I only counted them once). Tea and cake twice in a day. My kind of men.

No comments:

Post a Comment