Monday 9 June 2014

Climbed up the spout again.

I shall find it difficult to describe the rain this morning.
It rained buckets, cats and dogs, stair rods and lots and lots of water.
The good news is that the new patio meant the rain water was channeled away from the tea room door and we weren't wading.
The bad news is that the conservatory roof leaks. Floor and tables needed attention.

Before we opened I made a dash to the local petrol station since the orange light, which tells me when I'm running on fumes, had been on for a couple of days.
The garage was not selling fuel though. A member of staff came out to the pumps and said above the rain: "I've switched off the pumps until the storm passes. We had too much damage done during the storm on Saturday." I nodded and drove away but I didn't really understand. I shall have to find out next time I go.
I wasn't around on Saturday to experience the storm.
I was in Bremen in Germany in the sunshine.
But who wants to hear that when you're facing a deluge?

This afternoon was glorious. The sun dried my weekend-away washing and the bag load of stuff my son came home from China with yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment