Monday 16 June 2014

Java Jive


She was the first customer of the day:
"I'd like a long black coffee with some hot milk on the side," she said, "but I don't want a big one, just a little one."
It took us a while to work out how we should give her exactly what she wanted. What she decided on was a single espresso, in an espresso cup, half filled with hot water and then the hot milk on the side.
"And a slice of that coffee and walnut cake please," she added.
I wrote it all down.
Then: "Unless you have scones?"
We did have scones, fresh from the oven.
"In which case I'll have a scone with jam and cream."
I crossed out the coffee and walnut cake.
"And, actually," she went on, "you can't have a scone without tea - so scratch the coffee please."

I told her she would certainly feature on my blog.
She nodded, "the weird Australian, huh?"

No comments:

Post a Comment