Wednesday 18 March 2015

Electric Shock

The tea rooms are closed from the end of October until the end of March so we don't use a great deal of electricity over those months. I have one freezer running, the storage heaters are kept on, the phone is plugged in, the gardener boils a kettle when he's around, but apart from that our energy consumption is pretty low.
Or so I thought.
Last night I had one of those knee-buckling moments.
I opened the latest electricity bill.
Total amount due for Dec-March - £3,321.45.
The electricity charges amounted to £315, then there were standing charges of just under £20.
Then something called the Renewable Source Electricity Charge - £2,767.88.
Whaaaa? Some small print I'd missed?
I confess to a certain level of panic.

This morning I rang them.
A young lady called Leanne breezily told me the bill had been "sent in error".

As you were.

No comments:

Post a Comment