Saturday 28 March 2015

First world problems

Day two began with me putting oil which was meant for my hair onto my face.
Such are the perils of too many bottles of liquid stuff. I own them more in hope than expectation. Hair oil on the face might prove to be the best beauty discovery yet....

I made it to the tea rooms just before 9, sliced onions for the red onion marmalade, set them to caramelise and turned my attention to the new till.
The shiny new gadget has clearly given the old card machine the hump because it refused to turn on properly and kept displaying threatening messages.
I called the card machine people.
Bad news - It's a goner and they'll send a new upgraded terminal.
Worse news - It won't get to me before Tuesday.
While on the 'phone to the very sympathetic-but-unable-to-help-further man the onions over-caramelised, or burnt if you will.

Crisis passed, we had a quietish but lovely day catching up on what the university students have been doing over the winter.

When I came home I realised I had only done half my make up this morning.
Let's move on, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment