Saturday 4 April 2015

Above and Beyond

So, back to Thursday. The engineer arrived at 4.30 and "fixed" the coffee machine. He tried to explain what was wrong with it. I didn't really understand.
Turned out, neither did he really, because yesterday morning when I turned it on EXACTLY THE SAME THING HAPPENED.
I was on my own, having gone in early to bake, and I'm ashamed to say I had a minor meltdown.
There were a few tears.
Because of course by now it's Friday. Good Friday. A Bank Holiday. So the manufacturer is closed and the engineer is enjoying a day off. He may even have decided to take the family out for the day. Somewhere where they could enjoy a nice cup of coffee.......

Anyway, step forward Ethical Addictions, the company which supplies my excellent coffee beans. Huw had been trying to sort out the repair for me and had foolishly given me his mobile number. I rang it. At the end of my tether.
Bear in mind Huw was also "enjoying" a day off (until I called). He offered to loan me their office coffee machine, twice the size of mine. George went to collect it and had a quick lesson in plumbing-in & setting-up, arriving back before the afternoon rush. We were making cappuccino after latte after mocha within minutes.

So now we have it, and it works beautifully.
Both Meg and Annie don't want to give it back.

Today we've been astonishingly busy, a proper holiday weekend feel with loads of families. Our first lunch orders came at 11.30. People could actually sit in the garden - the sun came out this afternoon.
And thanks to Huw we haven't had to disappoint the coffee-lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment