Thursday 23 April 2015

Flat (ulent) Fish

Another cracker of a day.
Sunshine, lovely visitors, babes in arms and babes in tummies, older people out for a drive and a cuppa, antipodean families and a French couple. Deliveries of more cards, more coffee beans and new outdoor furniture.

And a lady and gent who ordered two pieces of toffee cake and two lattes WITH MARSHMALLOWS - not sure it'll catch on. When I delivered their order I asked if they wanted me to leave the sugar on the table. "What do you think?" she asked. I left a full bowl of sugar and told them to call me if they wanted more.

Sara made us laugh with her story of once going to buy fish for her dad's aquarium. She and her sister had asked for guidance from someone in the store: "Well," the helper pointed out, "we have golden orfe and blue orfe."
She and her sister now just have to say "Blue Orfe" to one another and they're in giggles.
They're both over 50.

No comments:

Post a Comment