Tuesday 30 June 2015

If you can't stand the heat...

They can't say they didn't warn us.
Last week the forecasters told us it was going to be hot. A heatwave. A difficult-to-sleep-in kind of heat. 
And it is.
It's even more difficult to work in.
Especially when there's an hour-long power cut which means we can't open the freezers and the fans aren't working (3.45-4.45 this afternoon).
This didn't seem to worry the many who sat in the garden shade, sipping elderflower presses and eating the first Wimbledon Cake of the season.
I made it this morning - orange zest sandwich sponge, filled with fresh local cream, local strawberries and not-so-local passion fruit, topped with more strawberries. I so wish I'd taken a photo but it had all gone before it even crossed my mind. 
I shall try again tomorrow but may be thwarted by an overdue visit to the dentist. 
Who I am sure will tell me to eat more cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment