Tuesday 15 March 2016

Deadline

Today we have been cleaning the tea rooms in preparation for reopening next week.
Dust doesn't photograph well, otherwise there'd be a large number of images here to show just how much of the stuff was generated from replacing the old floor (carpet) with a new one (Is it wood? Is it laminate? Is it tile?). The dust mountain was added to by replacing the counter top and the main lights.
Now the dust has gone, banished by vacuums and j cloths and mops, but there's still so much to do.

This is the worst part (remind me of this when I write "this is the worst part" midway through the season"). I'm looking forward to opening but can I get everything done? Can I remember to order what's necessary? Will the machines we rely on work on the first weekend of the 2016 season? Which also happens to be a Bank Holiday weekend.
And which some are already predicting to be the sunniest and warmest of recent years.
See my point?

No comments:

Post a Comment