Thursday 15 September 2016

When one door closes...

It's about this time of year that regular visitors begin to ask when we'll be closing for the winter.
A group of three in the garden this week did just this. I told them it would be the last Sunday of October. One of the gentlemen quickly looked up the date and asked me to confirm that we would, indeed, close our doors on 30th October. Yes. Sorted.
I set off back into the tearoom.
"And when are you reopening?" they called after me.
That's never happened before. I barely know what I'm doing next week so to look deep into 2017 was unnerving. I fudged a little and said it depended on when Easter falls next year.
They looked it up.
And forced me to decide.
I consulted the bit of this year's diary which has a small 2017 calendar, licked my finger, turned around twice, shut my eyes and plumped for Friday 31st March.
That'll do.

No comments:

Post a Comment