Wednesday 27 March 2019

In hot water. Or not.

A bright and warm day to usher in the new season.
I hadn’t slept well, mithering over a crisp order and whether the milk would arrive in time and when I should start offering hot cross buns.
We decided to open with just tea, coffee, cakes and tea cakes on offer. We’ll be starting lunches on Saturday but there’s so much to do before then.
We had planned to put finishing touches to the place today but plans went awry with the arrival of our first customers at 1045 (cappuccinos and a shared teacake).
Then Val and Alec arrived to show us the surprise winter addition to their family - cockerpoo Teddy.  Very, very lovely eyes.
Geoff and Maureen were the first to sit on the newly-painted chairs. I fear I need to do two more.
Then the water boiler decided to stop working.
There’s always something. Usually it’s quite a costly something .
Customers of the day were the new parents of ten-week old Sebastian. They were exhausted, they said, just about staying awake in the garden by propping each other up and eating teacakes.
I wish them a long, unbroken night.
I wish the same for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment