Tuesday 12 July 2011

Dairy-free and smoke-free

A coach party from Cheltenham came today. We knew they were coming but only had a rough idea of what they might like to eat, phoned in from the bus en route (which is better than not knowing anything at all). We like them enormously. They were pleasant, complimentary and they drank lots of tea and didn't ask for cappuccinos in the middle of the lunchtime rush.
The smokers were out in force in the garden today. Two middle aged couples ordered americanos (two decaf) and when I delivered them there were two packets of cigs on their table. I told them that we don't allow smoking. One woman had just lit up: "I'll put it out," she said, "but please let me just have a couple of drags."
They came back for lunch.
Claire answered my desperate late night text and brought me more gluten-free banana cake this lunchtime.
Two more dairy-free folks came today. Either word is spreading or the notice on the board is encouraging more people to ask for it. Who'd have thought?

No comments:

Post a Comment