Wednesday 10 April 2013

The Cook Report

Two visitors of note today.
The first, a man I recognised but couldn't place.
I assumed he was a returning customer and greeted him warmly:
"Your first visit this season?" I asked.
"My first ever visit," he replied.
I said I recognised him from somewhere.
"I work at the hospital in Worcester," he said, modestly.
Ah yes.
He was the A&E doctor who treated me for an allergic reaction to hydrocortisone exactly a month ago.

As he left to take a seat Roger Cook walked in.
Roger Cook.
In my tea rooms.
Roger.
Cook.

We don't get many celebs round these parts.
He had lunch. But I couldn't tempt him to cake. No sweet tooth. He does, however, like cheese.
I urged him to write in the visitors' book.
He obliged:
"Splendid! Nothing to investigate here."

No comments:

Post a Comment