Thursday 13 June 2013

Crumbs

I was asked earlier this year if I could provide coffee and biscuits for a very large coach party.
Of course I said yes, and had an instant image of custard creams. Before I knew what I was doing I told them we would provide coffee and HOMEMADE biscuits.
The night before they arrived I was cursing myself.
The day of their visit I was patting myself on the back.
They were really appreciated even if some of the biscuits weren't exactly regular and a few decidedly misshapen.

So, fast forward to yesterday.
Yesterday was smashing.
Twenty eight (including Andy the coach driver) from Oakengates Age Concern group in Shropshire had a day out. We served them coffee and home made biscuits when they arrived.
Again the homemade element hit the spot.
Then they went off for a talk in the church about its history and returned at 1pm for lunch.
We served our first strawberries and cream of the season to them.
They went off to see the 2pm fountain.
They came back for more tea and coffee.
They bought plants and bottles of elderflower presse and Andy drove them home.

These midweek group visits are rapidly becoming a favourite.

In the USA a few years ago I saw a sign outside a restaurant which said everything was "Ho - made". I shall not be putting up such a sign in Great Witley.

No comments:

Post a Comment