Saturday 11 October 2014

Eat, drink, be merry. And eat again.

A Saturday which felt like a Sunday.
In a good way.
Lots of children around therefore plenty of ice cream sold.
Result.
Lots of lovely groups and couples eating cake and drinking tea and quite a lot of hot chocolate.

Customer of the day came early and ordered lunch for him and three others. He asked the size of the panini. He was hungry, he assured me. I assured him they were a good size, and he could always order more later.
He ate his panini (bacon, brie and cranberry) and was back to order quiche of the day (tomato and pecorino). When I took it to him he was devouring the leftovers of his friend's jacket potato (cheese and beans).
I looked at him quizzically. "I've been up a long time," he answered, "and I'm starving."
No kidding.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment