Sunday 29 March 2015

Gate-gate

Day three of what is turning out to be the most challenging start to any season so far.
It's raining.
Not only that but it's cold and blustery.
Therefore few people are venturing out.
We did have a lovely group of German tourists, a couple of ladies who bought A LOT of jewellery, a few dogs who had dragged their owners out for walks and, best of all, Jim.

Jim held his 90th birthday lunch with us last year and is a favourite customer. Today he brought his family for lunch. He also brought a good few bruises having rolled his motor scooter last Thursday. Apparently this happened as he attempted to negotiate a kerb, in the dark, on the way home from the pub. My kind of man.

The end of the day was a right old headache. The large gate was battered so much by the winds during the day that it came apart. I couldn't close it. I couldn't leave it open. I couldn't remove the locking chain because it appeared to be the only thing holding part of the the gate together.
I couldn't go home.
I did the only thing I could and called for help.
Thank goodness there are still heroes in the world.
Thank goodness that two of them live in Witley.

No comments:

Post a Comment