Sunday 11 October 2015

Horse power

A very busy day which required all sorts of organisational skills.
At 12 the Christening party for young Rory arrived for lunch. 30 people and a wishing tree.
They left us at 2pm.
At 3.15pm forty took over the same room for tea, sandwiches, cakes and scones.
They made way at 4pm for the other half of their group.
Another forty sandwiches, cups of tea, cakes and scones.
By 4.45pm all 80 were in the church preparing for a concert.

In the meantime we'd filled a further 100+ orders on what was a lovely,  sunny, Autumn day.

My favourite comment came from Charlotte, one of the 17 year old learner-drivers who work with us at the weekend. I should say she's a keen horse rider too.
We asked her about her driving skills.
"I can start and I can stop," she told us, "but mum says I have to get out of the habit of making clicking noises when I want the car to go a bit faster."

No comments:

Post a Comment