Thursday 1 November 2018

Finishing line

Four days before we close for winter and today the oven went on strike.
This made the day slightly tricky. We weren’t able to cook a ham, make more soup, cook bacon or bake scones.
We improvised.
We have run out of Worcester Blue cheese but I won’t be ordering more this close to the end of the season and we have plenty of cheddar and quiche.
The hob came back into use half way through the afternoon, thanks to Adrian’s ingenuity, and tomorrow morning we’ll be playing catch-up. We’ll cook our final 2018 ham and make soup with the last pumpkin (witches brew again).
People will wave as they leave and wish us happy Christmas.
I shall make the most of having a latte whenever I choose (that’s what I miss during the five month closure) and will listen and make notes while members of the team suggest things for next season, mainly things I need to buy/arrange/fix.
Like the oven.
And the dishwasher.

No comments:

Post a Comment