Monday 20 May 2019

Caffeine hit.

Yesterday I started to fulfil an order that had been taken at the counter.
Among the items “flat white with an extra shot”.
So that’s three shots of coffee. 
I queried it with Liv who’d taken the order. 
She confirmed that the chap wanted three shots.
I took the tray out myself. 
I had to see the man who wanted a three shot coffee. 
He was Australian. On holiday in the UK with his family.
“The coffee isn’t strong enough in this country,” he said, “I haven’t had a good one since we’ve been here.”
I told him that if it wasn’t strong enough I could always add a fourth shot of espresso...
After a while I looked over. 
He raised his thumb and then told me it was the best he’d had since he’d arrived.
Faint praise perhaps but I took it and did a little victory dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment