Wednesday 24 July 2019

Flora

The agapanthus are in bloom and are, as usual, a sight to behold. 
We have about sixteen either fully out or about to burst. 
They all came from a single, original plant which belonged to Janet’s brother. Janet and Peter look after our large garden very well and are slowly teaching me the names of a few plants.
On Monday Peter asked me what I thought the plural of agapanthus might be? We had a discussion about various Latin endings. I threw in things like “dative” and “nominative plural” which made me feel oddly grown up given that the last time I used them I definitely wasn’t.
After our conversation I went back inside and googled it.
Disappointingly it turns out that the plural is either agapanthus or agapanthuses. 
Still, nothing disappointing about this:

No comments:

Post a Comment