Wednesday 3 November 2010

Xtraordinary

I've been at home a lot more this week (ironing) and am surprised by how many times the 'phone rings.
It's rarely a friend.
Yesterday a lady called Shilpa rang to ask if I'd take part in a survey about the Halifax. I couldn't think of a reason not to, so for the next 11 minutes I responded to statements with the words "strongly agree", "slightly agree", "slightly disagree" or "strongly disagree". I can't imagine what possible benefit my comments will be to the bank.
Most of the statements were mundane. Then this one:
"In the past 3 months I have recommended a Halifax card machine to someone."
I've never recommended any card machine to anyone. And I've never had a card machine recommended to me. Are some better than others then?
Shilpa laughed (thankfully).
But she still needed a response.

No comments:

Post a Comment