Thursday 23 May 2013

A new leaf.

This evening is book group.
This is my chance to chat to a group of lovely ladies of the same age and hormone levels about life, our kids, our husbands, the funny things people have said and done to us. And we might spend a few minutes on the book. My first question on this topic tonight will be "what was I supposed to have read?". No one will mind. We shall dutifully pick another title for next time. I shall endeavour to read it. Promise.
On Tuesday of this week five ladies came to lunch.
They were celebrating 35 years of their book group.
They are currently reading their 99th book. And they really do read them and discuss them.
They brought a photograph album which housed a picture taken at the tea rooms when they celebrated the group's twentieth year.
I am in awe. Must try harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment