Sunday 14 July 2013

Hot dogs

The amazing heatwave continues. I've lost count of the number of days now but I'm watering the little plants that we sell twice a day and we've drafted in extra fans for the kitchen.
So it must be really hot.
Few can bear to be inside and it's a welcome relief to carry a tray outside to the tables in the shade under the trees. I have to stop myself from pulling up a chair....

One family brought their dog. In a coat.
But this was no ordinary coat.
It was a cooler coat.
They explained that it's like a chamois leather which they soak in water, wring out and then put it on the dog. It stays cool for about four hours as it dries.
We also had two families bring dog water bottles and bowls with them.
Properly prepared for the heat.
Unlike me.
The red-faced woman in a pinny.

No comments:

Post a Comment