Friday 11 September 2015

A warm glow

We have some really lovely visitors. 
Many are tourists and we may never see them again. 
Some are more local and become regulars and even friends. 
I was mainly in the kitchen yesterday but ventured to the counter to serve towards the end of the day. A man I'd never seen before had picked up some of our gift items and needed help. I read the back of the one of the packets to him to explain how the Grow-your-own-lavender pouch works. 
He told me I had a good reading voice. 
He also said that the gifts were for his wife for their 44th wedding anniversary (which is today). 
That she hadn't been well recently and the day out had tired her so she was in the car.
That when they were first engaged she had become upset one day saying there was something she had to tell him....that the "something" was that she was 18 months older than him, and she thought it might make a difference. 
This morning he sent me this email: 
 
Dear Gill,
 My wife was very pleased with the Lavender Candle, Lavender Plant,
and Honey Marmalade.
Thanks for your help!
 I’m still her “Toy-Boy”, and she is still my favourite Girl.
 Regards,
 Bob.

So my day has already been made. Happy Anniversary to the toy-boy and his favourite girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment