Friday 6 September 2019

Any answers

This year has been the year of the telephone survey.
We must be on a list.
I’ve taken part in three long, involved surveys carried out on behalf of three different government departments.
I honestly don’t know what they’ll learn from asking questions about an independent tearoom but I accept that it’s a duty I should perform.
The last one was from the Education department. It was about training and apprenticeships and staff numbers.
There was also the now inevitable question about whether we export anything to Europe or indeed beyond. Nope.
I have answered this question so many times over the past three years that I’m beginning to wonder if we should set up an EU wide cream tea delivery service.
We could call it “Scone with the Wind”. Or maybe not.

The most interesting survey was on behalf of the Ministry of Defence who wanted to know what anti terrorism measures I have taken or am planning to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment